Advanced Course in Italian Cuisine (10 months)
The first course in Italy for the advanced training in Italian Cuisine
- Professional Cook of Italian Cuisine (subject to final examination)
- Graduates from Hotel Schools and Institutes
- Young Italian and foreign cooks with 2 years of experience
- A very good knowledge of Italian is a basic requirement
17th Edition: 28 February 2012 - 11 January 2013
18th Edition: 28 August 2012 - 26 July 2013
19th Edition: 4 September 2012 – 2 August 2013
20th Edition: 12 February 2013 – 11 January 2014
21th Edition: 16 April 2013 – 21 February 2014
22th Edition: 27 August 2013 – 4 July 2014
23th Edition: 4 November 2013 – 19 September 2014
Each course lasts 10 months and is split into two phases:
- Residential Phase:
5 months (800 hours) of lectures and practical sessions at the ALMA headquarters at the Reggia di Colorno. 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday.
- Professional Internship:
5 months with a prestigious Italian restaurant that has an arrangement with ALMA.
- Residential Phase:
The course fee is: €11,900 + VAT 21%
- 1st instalment: €2,900 + VAT 21% on registering
- 2nd instalment: €6,000 + VAT 21% by the starting date + a further contribution of €185 + VAT 21% towards the purchase of a kit of tools
- 3rd instalment: €3,000 + VAT 21% within the first 3 months of the course
For foreign residents:
- 50% on registering
- 50% by the starting date
Students who have recently received their diploma from hotel schools are exempt from paying VAT (therefore the amount becomes €11,900, to be paid by the deadlines specified above).
The fee includes:
- Practice sessions
- Teaching material
- Lunch from Monday to Friday
- ALMA uniform
- Use of equipment plus a kit of tools
The fee does not include accommodation for the residential phase.
During the 5-month internship, food and board are provided by the host restaurant.
ALMA has some comfortable residences near the School (“Alma Housing”).
These residences offer students various kinds of shared accommodation.
Each apartment features a living room with cooking corner and bathroom: the monthly rent, including expenses, is €415.00 per person (prices may vary).
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The course includes:
- Cooking and baking techniques
- The cuisine of the Italian territories
- Sensory analysis
- Elements of oenology
- Elements of management in the food and beverage sector
- History and culture of Italian cuisine
- Food Safety - HACCP
- Didactic Outings